Safety assessment of cosmetics and cosmetic ingredients without new animal data
Science has advanced rapidly in recent years, rendering safety assessment of certain products and substances not just possible, but actual in some circumstances. This is especially true in the area of cosmetic safety assessment, where animal testing bans have fueled urgency in development and use of non-animal methods.
Training Program: To complement legislative efforts to end cosmetic animal testing, we are developing training materials to build capacity in the application of animal-free risk assessment of cosmetics and ingredients. This will support the development of new and safer products as well as robust safety decisions.
- Safety assessment of cosmetics and cosmetic ingredients without new animal data
- Covers all aspects of the process for internal and regulatory safety assessments
- Covers the spectrum of available tools as well as some tools in development
- Focuses on understanding the information generated from the tools and how to use this information vs. how to perform or build the individual methods
- To address the needs of regulatory & regulated communities, CROs & other stakeholders
- To support regional capacity-building to achieve long-term acceptance & implementation of animal-free approaches
The course is relevant to any stakeholder that makes a decision regarding chemical safety, including:
- government and industry safety assessors
- small and medium enterprises
- contract research organizations & consultants
The modules include content and learning objectives for both novice and expert audiences.